Total Pageviews

$$ Jasone’s Bed and Breakfast, Marion IL

1414 West Main Street
618-997-9459
http://www.jasones.com/

Jasone’s is not your typical restaurant which is kind of what, along with the ambiance of a grand old home, I was looking forward to. The inn keeper did her best by trying to single handedly prepare meals for 15 individuals, but the experience I believe for all was lacking. Touted as using only the freshest of local ingredients and artfully crafted into a memorable culinary experience there was nothing about the experience that was redeeming except for perhaps the effort (albeit a largely disappointing result). Dried basil flakes on top of a mediocre tomato soup does not a basil-tomato bisque make. Parmesan potatoes were poorly done, the teenage server spilled pasta on the guest and yet another had problems retrieving the remainder of a six pack of beer (BYOB) after the dinner was concluded. Steak was not memorable, server would have liked to have been somewhere else – and all things considered so do I.

π  ½       Nothing memorable, exceptional or
π  ½       Service was lackluster. Do you think you should know when the  building was built if you work in a B&B? Answer, 1906

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness I found you! I really appreciate your reviews. I find them balanced, informed, and very honest. I’ve eaten at the Newell House and Cummare’s, and agree with your reviews wholeheartedly. Needless to say I trust and respect your opinion.
    Might I trouble you for some help? My fiancé and I are getting married in May. It's a small, small ceremony and reception (20 people including us), near his hometown of Marion (his grandmother cannot travel far). We are living in St. Louis, my family is from Chicago. All I'm trying to do is find a nice place, with good food, and a private dining room in which 20 people would not feel out of place in semi-formal attire. We are staying at the Blue Sky Winery (any thoughts there?) and hoping to have the ceremony there, followed by dinner somewhere within 30 minutes or so. So far the only place that “appears” to be a safe bet is Mary’s Fine Dining, but the photos of the interior look so horrid (pink really?) I’m afraid I’d have to practically shove my mother through the door. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Money is no object; but food, service and ambiance are.

    Thanks a million times!
    A

    ReplyDelete